Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Creamy Chicken & Broccoli over Rice

I tried this out on my family last night...Scott & Owen really liked it, Tori & Ava thought it was pretty good & Boston made me feed him like a baby and complained....what's new. While I was preparing it, Boston saw me holding a bag of cheese & asked "What are we having for dinner?" I answered & then he said "Well, I don't like it" so I wasn't surprised he didn't give it a fair shake.

creamy chicken & broccoli over rice:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar soup
8oz chicken broth
1/4 tsp. cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
3/4 C. sour cream
2-3 C. broccoli florets
shredded cheddar (optional)

1. Place soups, chicken broth, cajun & garlic seasoning into a crock pot over low heat, whisk until smooth.

2. Place chicken in crock pot, pressing to bottom. Cover & cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.

3. When chicken is cooked through, remove into separate bowl & shred chicken w forks into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream & add chicken back in.

4. Steam broccoli in microwave or steamer, drain & add to crock pot.

5. Serve over steamed rice, sprinkle w cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment