Thursday, February 11, 2010

Taco Soup

It was windy & rained today, which made me smile because I knew we were having this warm taco soup for dinner! Super easy recipe & also made the critics happy!

taco soup:

1-2 lbs. ground beef
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can green beans (I used french style)
2 cans kidney beans
1 packet taco seasoning (I used 1.5 packets)

1. Brown the meat sprinkled with half the packet of taco seasoning.

2. Bring all other ingredients to a slow simmer in a separate pot (including other half of seasoning)

3. Add meat & simmer for a few minutes.
4. Garnish with cheese, chips, green onions, olives, avocado, sour cream. Knock yourself out!
I served my kids bowl full topped with goldfish & sprinkled cheese! While they're trying to pick out the goldfish, the hope is they get a vegetable on their spoon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment