Sunday, February 14, 2010

Crock Pot Chocolate Cake

Today is Valentine's Day. One more sweet surprise for the ones I love the most! I tried this new recipe for a cake made in a crock pot! I was so confused & intrigued by this, it had to be tried! A couple of my kiddos liked the whip cream more than the actual cake but the other two asked for more cake! Makes your house smell like warm chocolate!

crock pot chocolate cake:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 C. sour cream
1 C. chocolate chips
1 C. water
4 eggs
3/4 C. vegetable oil
1 small box instant chocolate pudding

1. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Mix all ingredients in separate bowl with hand mixer. Pour into crock pot.

3. Cover & cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
*My crock pot cooks really hot, I had it on high for only 2 hours and it was done, even burned a little bit around the outer crust, which was fine we just scooped out the cake in the middle. Just watch it depending on how hot your crock pot is.
4. Cake is done when you touch the top & it springs back a bit.
5. Top with cool whip & serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment