Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Homemade Twix Bars

Can you say YUM?! I did. Really pretty easy & totally delicious! My kids have been begging for me to make these for weeks, but I knew if I made them I'd need a sample so I waited a while. Worth the wait. Tastes like a PB Twix to me! Makes a whole 9x13 pan full.

homemade twix bars:

2 sleeves of Club crackers
1 C. butter
2 C. graham cracker crumbs
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. milk
1/3 C. sugar

2/3 C. creamy peanut butter
1/2 C. butterscotch chips
1/2 C. chocolate chips

1. Line 9x13 pan with foil overlapping ends of pan.

2. Line bottom of pan with a single layerof club crackers.

3. In large pan melt butter then add graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, sugar & milk. Bring to a boil & boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly.

4. Pour 1/2 of this sugar mixture on top of crackers in pan.

5. Make another single layer of crackers, then second half of sugar mixture on top of them. Then add one more layer of crackers.6. In a pan melt butterscotch chips, chocolate chips & peanut butter stirring constantly. Once melted, pour over top of crackers.

7. Place in fridge for atleast 1 hour, easier to cut the longer they've been in the fridge. Pull foil out of pan by overlapping ends & cut into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment