This recipe is super easy to make & my kids LOVED them! I made them to go with our tortellini soup. They're supposed to taste just like the breadtwists at The Pizza Factory in Utah. I may like theirs better just because they make them for you hehehe! These were nummy though for sure. Make them with any soup or just for fun!
1 1/2 C. warm water
2 TB. sugar
1 TB. yeast
Let that sit for 5 minutes then add:
3 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1. Mix until smooth with spatula & your hands until it's mixed and forms a ball, then let raise for 10 minutes.
2. Roll out dough on floured surface into large square with a rolling pin.
3. Brush with real melted butter mixed with garlic then sprinkle with kosher salt.
4. Fold in half and cut into 1 inch strips with a pizza cutter.
5. Twist & place on a cookie sheet (sprayed w non-stick spray)
6. Let raise for an additional 15-20 minutes.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for approx 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
8. Remove from oven and immediately brush with melted butter (garlic butter if you want), sprinkle with kosher salt & grated Parmesan cheese (skipped that).
9. Serve with marinara, alfredo, ranch or your favorite soup for dipping!
*Dough also makes a great pizza dough, just roll out into a large circle, add your favorite toppings and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
Very delish! Can't wait for that rainy day!