rolled up chicken dinner:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
1 1/2 C. prepared mashed potatoes, on the thick side (I used the frozen steamer kind of potatoes that you make in the microwave)
2 C. steamed broccoli, chopped into very small pieces, almost minced
1/2-1 C. shredded cheddar
1. Pound chicken breasts out flat (I used my rolling pin), then place on cookie sheet that's been sprayed with non-stick spray or line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes on chicken breast, then sprinkle broccoli bits on, then add cheese on top.
1/2 C. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 C. panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 T. dry ranch dressing mix
4. Mix flour, salt & pepper in one shallow bowl.
5. Put beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
6. Mix panko bread crumbs & ranch dressing mix in 3rd shallow bowl.
7. Dip/roll/sprinkle chicken carefully in flour mixture, then in egg, then in panko bread crumb mix. Use your fingers to spread egg onto chicken & sprinkle bread crumbs onto chicken. This will get MESSY & stuff starts falling out, but don't fret, it will taste wonderful regardless!
8. After you've dipped/rolled/sprinkled your chicken rolls in the 3 mixtures, place back on cookie sheet lined w parchment paper (or sprayed with non-stick spray). Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 C. milk
approx. 1/4-1/2 C. finely chopped broccoli (whatever is left from filling the chicken rolls)
2 dollops of sour cream (optional....I just added it to thicken up my sauce).
1. Heat soup, milk, chopped broccoli (& sour cream if you want) in a small sauce pan until warmed. Pour spoonfuls of sauce over each chicken roll before you serve.
MMMMMMMM! Sooooo good! Butter a roll, toss a salad and WALLA, you've gotta a dinner from heaven my friends! Let me know if you loved this dish as much as we did.