Monday, May 10, 2010

Melt in Your Mouth Dessert

In honor of Mother's Day, I made this wonderful recipe from my mother for us to enjoy since she would've wanted me to have it! It's a family favorite, one Scott & Owen request for their birthday "cakes". It's easy, quick & it literally melts in your mouth ladies.....it's a must taste. I made it at bunco at my house one time & lets just say it was a real crowd pleaser! Mom's always give us the best recipes don't they? Love you Mom.

melt in your mouth dessert:

1st layer:
1/2 C. finely chopped walnuts
1 C. flour
1 C. melted butter or margarine

*Mix together in bowl, spread evenly into bottom of 9x13 pan pressing down with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.

2nd layer:
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 C. cool whip
1 C. powdered sugar

* Beat until fluffy, spread evenly on top of crust.

3rd layer:
2 small pkgs. instant coconut cream pudding
(if you don't like coconut, I'm assuming you could use another flavor)

*Mix as directed on box, spread onto 2nd layer. I then allow the pudding to set up for a few minutes in the fridge before adding the 4th layer, so they don't mix.

4th layer:
*Top with 1 C. cool whip, sprinkle with chopped nuts (optional). Chill in fridge for 4 hours, then grab a fork & let the melting in your mouth begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment