I knew these would be a HIT with my kiddos & I couldn't resist the cuteness of them, so we whipped up a batch. Can't hurt to feed them treats the day before Mother's Day right? Personally I loved the cookies alone, minus the marshmallow filling....super soft & delicious. Obviously my kids devoured the filling. We had 3 extra kids over here playing all day today so each & every child was drooling until the cookies were ready to eat & then I had 7 happy kids sitting at the bar licking, biting, mmmm-ing and smiling.
chocolate chip whoopies:
4 T. unsalted butter at room temp.
4 T. shortening
1/2 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 C. buttermilk
2 T. milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/4 C. flour
1 C. mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together the butter, shortening, sugars until light and creamy.
3. Add the eggs & buttermilk, blend.
4. Add milk, baking soda, vinegar, vanilla in and blend, then add baking powder, salt & flour.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet approx 2 inches apart. Bake for approx 11 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove from oven let cool for 3 minutes then remove from cookie sheet onto cooling rack to cool completely.
*Makes approx 18 whoopie pies (36 cookies).
1 1/2 C. Marshmallow creme
1 1/4 C. shortening
1 C. powdered sugar
1 T. vanilla
1. Beat marshmallow creme & shortening until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla & powdered sugar and blend until fluffy.
3. Spoon onto flat side of cookie and top with another cookie.
4. Roll the edges in sprinkles if desired.