I'm stating the obvious.....apparently it's comforting for me to talk about food right now. So I'm talking, blogging, thinking about & smelling food, retrying & testing new recipes. Here's an old one I made last night.
I bet I haven't made this recipe for 8 years! I do NOT like stuffing so that's probably why I don't make it much, but Scott does soooo I thought I'd make it for him. I told each of my kids they had to at least have 2 bites of it and then they could decide if they wanted to eat it for dinner or if they wanted to opt out for a sandwich instead. Surprisingly 3 of my 4 kids ate it for dinner last night! It's super easy and if you like stuffing, I don't know how you couldn't like this. Here goes:
chicken stuffing casserole:
2-60z boxes of chicken flavored stuffing
4 chicken breasts cubed
1-16oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1. Cook stuffing in microwave/stove top & place half on bottom of 9x13 pan.
2. Brown chicken chunks in skillet.
3. Mix soup & sour cream together and then add browned chicken chunks.
4. Pour over stuffing in pan
5. Add other half of the stuffing over the top of the soup/chicken mixture.
6. Sprinkle a bit of cheese over the top (optional)
7. Bake @ 375 for 30 minutes....serve.