I've made these for years & they are always a delight. They are super easy & really good without being too spicy (depending how many green chiles you add) because they have no red enchilada sauce. They have more of a sour cream enchilada sauce on them...anyway every one of my kids will eat these so they have stayed in the recipe rotation for a long time & I predict they will be continuing their successful run over in the Brenay kitchen for many more moons.
creamy chicken enchiladas:
2- 12.5 oz. (large) cans of chunk chicken or 3-4 chicken breasts shredded
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 soup cans full of milk (or add more to reach desired consistency)
1/2-1 small can of green chiles (depending on your desired spice level)
10-12 flour tortillas
diced onions (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl empty 2 cans of soup, milk & chicken. Mix well breaking up chunks of chicken with a wisk. Pour just enough of this mixture into a 9x13 pan to cover the bottom.
2. If you prefer to saute the onion & green chiles you can (I leave out the onion & just drain & dump the green chiles in), add into the chicken mixture.
3. Hold one tortilla flat in your hand and spoon a good amount into the tortilla & spread it into a line. Sprinle some cheese inside and then carefully roll it up and place it in the dish.
4. Continue filling tortillas until your pan is lined with 8-12 enchiladas, leaving a little bit of the chicken mixture to gently spoon over the top of the enchiladas (especially wetting the ends of the tortillas so they don't get too crispy while baking). Sprinle with cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Top with sour cream, lettuce, tomato, olives or whatever you enjoy. Serve.