Saturday, January 23, 2010

root beer float cookies

new recipe test #1
Ever heard of such a thing? I hadn't. When I found the recipe, I knew it was at least a trier if not a keeper for my kids sake! Well they loved them and my house smells like a root beer float! Mmmmm! It's a win win!

root beer float cookies:

1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C softened butter
1/2 C buttermilk
2 eggs
2 tsp root beer extract
1 tsp vanilla
4-4 1/2 C flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

1. In a bowl mix sugars, butter, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla & root beer extract.
2. Add flour, baking soda & salt (batter will be sticky).
3. Bake 10-12 mins @ 375
4. Cool completely.

frosting:

4 C powdered sugar
4-5 TB half & half
8 tsp. softened butter
4 tsp root beer extract

Blend together. Frost cookies & let frosting dry a bit on cookies before storing.
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment